First concrete church: Église Notre-Dame du Raincy near Paris (1922-23) - Auguste Perret. Used "ferroconcrete" in ways that hadn't been used: tall slender columns and vaulted ceilings all accented by detailed tracery windows
ornament to appeal to humans’ upwardly-directed vision, he only takes ornamentation—when he uses it—as far as the first one or two levels of the exterior of his buildings. The Goldman and Salatsch building on the Michaelerplatz in Vienna (Fig. 5) illustrates this point perfectly.
Adolf Loos, Looshaus (formerly Goldman & Salatsch tailoring), Vienna, 1909-1911