The Tombs of the Sanhedrin are located in a park in Jerusalem’s Sanhedria neighborhood. In 1235, Rabbi Jacob the Emissary, mentioned these tombs which he saw in his travels. He called them the Tombs of the Righteous, and describes “a tomb in which many wise men are buried….a cave within a cave”. In 1450, Rabbi Joseph Halevi identified these tombs as the tombs of the Sanhedrin. In 1659, a drawing shows a beautiful structure with an arched colonnade.