The Walther is a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol that was developed by Walther as the service pistol of the Wehrmacht at the beginning of World War II. It was intended to replace the costly Luger the production of which was scheduled to end in
Remington Model 1875 - Our GOTD was also named the ”Improved Army or Frontier Army. But Ilion, NY’s thumb-buster had somewhat limited sales and about 30,000 are believed to have been manufactured from 1875 to 1889. Offered in .44 Remington, .44-40, and .45, the web on the underside of the barrel offered the fastest means of identifying this pistol. Some went “south of the border” as part of a Mexican Army order of 1,000.