The White Houses - Ww2 Weapons Testing Sites
Published on June 26, 2021
Hidden in a forest, forgotten in time, lies a fake 'city' - one of the last remains of Hitler's dream of the world capital 'Germania',
Four buildings // towers, each 20 meters high, built of reinforced concrete that served as a test site for testing both bombs and construction, materials and types of buildings to build bomb-proof homes for civilians in Germania.
The four towers were clad with white bricks, which can still be seen at the top. The bricks were removed after the war by the locals and used for the construction of houses.
Near the abandoned towers there are 2 walls, both one meter thick. One still stands and has a massive explosive hole in the middle - the other is overturned.
In July 1939, the walls were used to demonstrate the penetrating power of explosive bombs for Hitler. The demonstration did not go as planned, Instead of 8mm reinforcement, 10mm was used and the bombs lacked the gigantic penetration force that the weapon manufacturer would have liked to demonstrate.